Monday, July 27, 2009

AirVenture 2009 Day One

Well finally we've made it to opening day of Oshkosh 2009.

It's just before 7am here on the field, and things are waking up for what is shaping up to be a big first day.

The most notable special attractions today are the arrival of the "Elvis" Skycrane helicopter, and also the arrival of White Knight 2. I'll be getting pics, and maybe video of that and posting it here.

In about half an hour I'm meeting a UCAP listener to get a ride in his Navion. I've been looking forward to this for a few weeks now. It's unusual for me to get up in the air in ANY aircraft during OSH week, so it's cool to be going flying. And I'm especially excited to get a chance to experience this unique warbird. More on that when I'm back on the ground.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does the Navion really qualify as a warbird? I was under the impression that it was designed as a civilian plane albeit by a military producer. Of course I know you are more knowledgeable than I in this regard so I'm just checking on the heresay I received... :) MGA

August 1, 2009 at 9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home